Advanced Imaging Center
HHMI/Janelia Research Campus visiting Scientist Program
The Advanced Imaging Center at the Janelia Research Campus has advanced microscope systems such as the lattice light sheet, iPALM and SIM. With support from HHMI, Janelia offers opportunities for researchers to submit proposals requesting to come on campus and use these instruments. Those interested in submitting a proposal are strongly encouraged to contact the staff at the AIC [firstname.lastname@example.org] to determine if their proposed research is a good fit.
The AIC accepts proposals from scientists who are interested in conducting experiments at the Advanced Imaging Center (AIC) on a continuous basis. On a case-by-case basis, Janelia may provide office space, funding, campus housing and even dedicated staff.
New Program: Junior Scientist Workshop on Theoretical Biophysics Oct 1-6, 2023. For more information click here.
The currently available microscopes are:
- Lattice Light Sheet Microscope (LLSM)
- Focused-Ion Beam Scanning Electron Microscope (FIB-SEM)
- Multi-Color Three Dimensional Imaging Using Multifocus Microscopy
- Quantitative high-speed imaging with Simultaneous Multiview Light-Sheet Microscopy (SiMView)
- Immersion Reflection Microscope Objective
- 2 Photon Random Access Mesoscope
- GCIB-SEM (Gas Cluster Ion Beam – Scanning Electron Microscopy)