Microscopy Clubs or Chapters can be found at research institutions throughout Arizona and provide great opportunities for increased student education, networking and collaboration. AIMS is developing support funding, incentives and awards for student groups to host seminars or small meetings that focus on microscopy. Upcoming opportunities will be announced soon.
Listed below are current clubs/chapters and events they have scheduled.
Sun Devil Microscopy Club
Location: Arizona State University [Tempe Campus]
All events are catered and free but require an RSVP which can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, September 29, 2016, 10:00am – 1:00pm: Keck Bioimaging Laboratory Open House, Location: LSC L2-80, ASU Tempe Campus
- October 2016: Cryo EM at ASU
- November 2016: Tools for Live Cell Imaging
- February 2017: Advancements in Live Cell Imaging
- Thursday March 2, 2017, 9:30-11:00am, Biodesign Auditorium: Advanced Imaging Center at the Janelia Research Campus, Speaker Teng-Leong Chew, AIC Director
- Thursday March 2, 2017, 12:00-5:00pm, Old Main Basha Ballroom: Microscopy Imaging Ethics Workshop [must register through link in the main menu]
- Friday March 3, 2017, Old Main Carson Ballroom: 2017 AIMS Poster Session. Cash prizes will be awarded for the best Light and EM posters in the Undergraduate and Graduate/PD categories [must register through link in the main menu].